Tuesday 25 February 2014

Dressing for PPQ at London Fashion Week

Nearly two weeks ago now I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer backstage at PPQ's presentation at London fashion week. It was such a fantastic experience and I would love to do it all over again!

I arrived at the Sanderson Hotel in London at 5pm which is probably the most gorgeous hotel I have ever set foot in, the décor was exquisite and the lifts were galaxy/space-themed and had like a 3D effect which was also quite disorientating. Anyway, upon arrival I met a few of the other dressers and we had to kill some time until we were needed, the girls were lovely and I really loved meeting them!
When we were finally called to dress the models, we were each allocated two models; I was allocated twins so it made my job a lot easier and they were the last two runway looks. We had to locate the models, make sure they had their hair, make-up and nails done and then dress them in according outfits. It was a little stressful getting everything sorted and locating models, particularly in such a small stuffy backstage room with a time schedule but it was thoroughly enjoyable and I wouldn't think twice about doing it again (at least there were no outfit changes!)

The show was on the very first day of LFW; 14th February 2014 at 8pm and has definitely been my best Valentine's day to date haha! Here are a handful of pretty shoddy backstage photos that I took once the stress of getting everything and everyone ready had blown over.

Some of the gorgeous models.

Backstage looking calmer!

List of models.

 Beautiful hair and clothes.

The Sanderson Hotel.

The set for the Runway; water features and rustic runway.

A shameless bathroom mirror selfie.

Here are some of my favourite looks from the collection, the last look is one of the twins;


All images from Vogue.

The marraige of the hair and make-up styling I really loved; with gorgeous 60s styled back-combed ponytail hair by Warren Holmes, smokey eye & glossy lip Bobbi Brown make-up and ciaté nails by Grace Humphries.

The collection was just sublime, with an Audrey Hepburn-esque look; floral prints, pastel leather, fur trims and knee high boots! It was lovely to meet and work with the designers; Amy Molyneaux, Percy Parker and Calvin Opaleye the stylist.
Mohair coats, leather trousers and floral silks; it was a pleasure to get the opportunity to work with such fabulous clothes and people I have respected for a long time.

After the show, the girls and I headed to the after party but after discovering the prices of drinks we headed to get something to eat and gorged on some late-night food at a nearby pizza place. I had booked a specific train at about 11pm but it turned out to be a gruelling 5 hour train back to Manchester because of the grim weather we've been getting so I got home at about 5am after getting a night bus home, but it was all worth it!

Some of the other dressers.


I was also asked to dress for KTZ last Tuesday but had to take the decision not to go which I'm a bit gutted about because the show looked amazing! I wasn't feeling 100%, would have to had miss uni and was flying to Paris the next day (photos and blog post to follow shortly!)

Hope you're all well and love the PPQ collection as much as I do!
I should really have spent this morning doing uni work but this post is definitely long overdue!


x

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely opportunity! You'll probably never forget this moment!
    I should be doing some uni work too, but there's just too much distraction, haha :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was such a good day!:) Ah I know that feeling all too well, procrastinating right now! x

      Delete
  2. That must've been so much fun! My friend's friend (vague, I know) modelled in the show!http://9gag.com/gag/aLKmZYz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's really cool! Thanks for commenting:)x

      Delete
  3. (haha, sorry for the random 9gag link, but it's a good'un ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that must have been amazing to volunteer!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete